Monday, March 19, 2012

Hand dancing and awkward moments

I've officially been on Spring Break since Friday around 4 p.m. and my attitude has improved immensely. I'm happier, carefree, singing out of tune and looking forward to the week ahead. Grad school makes me crabby, or stress does, either way I feel pretty damn good.
The week went by really quickly which was fantastic because usually when you're waiting for things to get here time seems to move even slower. 
My supervisor at my internship gave me an assignment to work on before I left that I'm pretty excited about continuing to work on. I was also very glad to have ended my week on a good note. 
Friday I went out with a friend to watch the NCAA tournament. I didn't fill out a bracket this year but so far my Spartans are still in it. They played a close game today that I listened to on the radio on the way back from Atlanta. Any way, after watching the win we continued on to another bar for more drinks and laughs. A very drunk woman started a conversation with us that turned into her talking about how awkward she was then told me I was beautiful and motioned for me to kiss her on the cheek. Awkward wasn't the only adjective I was thinking to describe her. 
Saturday I hit snooze for an hour and then went to the airport to get a rental car so that I could drive to Atlanta. It's a four hour drive, my air conditioning doesn't work and honestly I get so paranoid about my car I don't trust that it will get me there in one piece. I also need to get my rotors replaced so I'm trying to drive it as little as possible. The drive involved a lot of terrible singing and hand dancing. I headed down to visit with my friends from college and their little family. We often talk a lot about how much the South is different from Michigan, kids, marriage, family, the crazy things kids say and normalcy. I love going to see Stacie and catching up with her. We don't see each other often but I'm thankful when we do get to spend some time together. Plus her kids are right up there with my niece and nephew in the running for cutest kids on the planet. We caught up over a bottle of wine (which disappeared quickly) on Saturday night and then over coffee on Sunday. We used to get chai at this coffee shop in East Lansing all the time. It was 84 degrees out and I couldn't even consider trying to drink hot tea while getting a sunburn. And burn I did. We sat outside for maybe over an hour and I ended up with a very red face and awesome three quarter sleeve tan lines on my arms. My pale ass can't handle that Georgia sun apparently. I left after the coffee and perusing at a nearby mall. The drive back went by pretty fast because I was yelling at the radio for a good hour telling my team to 'stop with the fouling' and 'C'Mon! Rebound!' I'm assuming anyone driving near me thought I was schizophrenic. Oh well.
Tomorrow morning begins my trek up to Michigan. I'm stopping for the night in Louisville because, let's face it, I want to spend some spring break time with Jason too. I'll officially leave for Michigan on Tuesday and travel to a few different places. Then I'll come back and rock right on through the last month of school. 
Have a lovely week, everyone. I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment