Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh girls just wanna have fun

I think I blinked and the week was over. 
Why is it always the fun stuff that goes so fast?
This week consisted of seeing the people in Michigan that I adore. The first night I FINALLY got caught up with Stew after not being able to see each other the last time I was in Michigan. He was my first stop because geographically it just made sense. We are pretty much the same person with different anatomical parts. We think similarly, we scrutinize and analyze and therapize similarly so it's no wonder why he would be one of my favorite people. The conversation well did not run dry. We spent several hours talking and drinking Michigan beer and adoring his cat. 
The next day I traveled to Lansing to spend time with my Lansing people, and spent some quality time with the raddest girl I know. We walked through East Lansing, ordered margaritas, waited so long that we walked out and then went home and made lunch. After hanging for a few more hours we met with friends for dinner and then went on to get drinks, catching up with everyone. We then left the bar and a very reasonable time only to go home and play games until 3 in the morning. I'm so glad I was able to see my good friends and spend some time with them, especially when they commit to spending time with me. I have some amazing friends.
The next three days I stayed at my parents. We had meals together, my Mom and I went shopping and I finally found a suit at a store I didn't even think to look in because its out of my price range, but the jacket and pants were both over 40% off, more in my budget. Then my Mom offered to buy it for me, I figured $0 is definitely in my budget. While I was in the thumb I was also able to see my brother, sister-in-law and my adorable niece and nephew. It blows my mind how much kids grow in change in as short of a time as four months. It's madness. I love spending time with those kids, they are both super funny and my nephew has grasped how to use sarcasm. "Yeah, Aunt Shannon I'd looove to play Barbies, NOT." It's the elementary Borat level of sarcasm but this solidifies that he is definitely like his Dad. My niece is three and sassy which I adore. 
That's the tough part about not living close to family it that you don't get to watch them grow. 
This week I was also finally contacted by my second practicum option and we've been playing phone tag since then. I decided last night that I am not going to freak out and worry and wait by the phone. I have until July, I need to cool my jets. I also need to get back into the school groove and start working on school work....ugh...I don't wanna. 
So, back to the grind. I've got a busy week ahead and it begins with seeing The Head and the Heart tonight at the Cannery. PUMPED.
Have a wonderful week, I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment