Sunday, March 11, 2012

Countdown to sanity

Have you ever had so much pressure in your head that you thought your brain might start leaking out of your ears? It's allergy season here in the bible belt.
These allergies do not stop me from getting out and people watching at the cafe. Unfortunately there are no odd people here today for me to gawk at. I'm just waiting for the weather to get even warmer, that's when it gets really good.  
This week involved a lot of near panic attack moments in regards to school and then a lot of being lazy and sick toward the end of the week. 
I had a huge group project due on Wednesday so I spent much of the beginning of the week stressing and meeting with my group in order to bang it out. I'm really proud of the outcome of all of that stressing and hard work (aside from the gray hairs I swear have cropped up). The project was worth 40% of our grade and we won't know what we scored for a week or more but I'm just glad it's over. On Tuesday night after putting in several hours at the computer lab working on the project I was pretty much useless and decided to meet up with my friend for a drink or two. Two turned into about six and getting home at nearly 2:30 a.m. I guess I really needed that respite from school work. We had a great time and a lot of laughs. It made me realize how much I miss going out which I've been neglecting due to my recent bout of hemit-ism. That's apparently not a recognized word but you get my drift. That night started my battle with sleep deprivation. After finally falling asleep at 3:30 I woke up the next day feeling not so amazing but fought through it and attended class and took part in the huge presentation. After classes Jason got to town and we wound up going out to get dinner and drinks afterward. We then woke up at 5 a.m. so I could take him to the airport. I went back home to get a few more winks of sleep before going to my internship. I woke up feeling awful with a sore throat and raging sinus headache. My supervisor sent me home early because apparently I looked about as good as I felt. I went home and watched way too much t.v. then ventured to go babysit. I would have cancelled had it not been allergies that were plaguing me. I got there at 8, played ninjas with the eight year old til 8:30 and sent him to bed. They didn't get home til nearly 2 a.m. I went home and slept for about 10 hours. Much needed sleep I will say that. This Nashville weather and pollen infested air is wreaking havoc on my head. I still attempted to take advantage of the nice weather by studying outside at my favorite cafe all weekend. I continued on my quest to look for a suit even though I am STILL waiting to hear about my internship interviews. 
This waiting is a large cause of my underlying anxiety. I've been keyed up for the last month trying to make plans around fictitious appointments. I just want things to happen and waiting for other people to get back to my advisor is  driving me bat shit crazy. CRAZY. I just want to know where I'm going to be placed so I can start worrying about other things like moving, a job, school assignments and other things I prefer worrying about. If you looked up the Criteria for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) you'd probably see my face next to it. 
Thankfully, among all this craziness is a silver lining. My spring break starts next Friday. FIVE days from now I am officially taking a week off and doing nothing school related. I am going to see my friends in Atlanta over the weekend and then driving back to Nashville. On Monday I get to pick up my love at the airport and spend the day with him. On Tuesday I will be on the road to Kalamazoo to start my trek across Michigan. I can't wait!!! I'm so ready to see my friends and relax. Oh vacation, I adore you. 
So as of now, I'm working on school stuff and counting down the days til I can start my week long hiatus from all things responsible. Yipee.
Have a wonderful, stress-free week. I hope I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment