Thursday, April 26, 2012

luaville, looeeville, loovul...what?

Four more days and I move from Music City, U.S.A. to Louisville, which I'm not aware if it has an official nickname. I'm sure it does with Derby and the Hot Brown and all that. Kentucky is known as the Bluegrass state, I do know that.  
Kentucky fun fact: 
The Presidents of the Union and the Confederate were born in Kentucky. 
The Mammoth Caves are the longest cave system in the world. 
and Post-It notes are manufactured in Kentucky.
Anyway. On Tuesday morning, obnoxiously early, I will be travelling 183 miles up 65 North to start the next chapter of my life. Yikes.
I'm still trying to process everything that's going on in my head. I just found out today that I got the job I interviewed for last Friday. I've been a ball of nerves since the interview because not having a job would put a lot of stress on an already stressful situation. So seemingly I've got everything situated. I have a job, an internship, an amazing place to live, a fantastic boyfriend....Damn I am lucky. And stressing for no reason. It's a big change, I love change but it's still anxiety-inducing. A year is fast to be moving in with someone, even though I'm confident things will be fine. What's the worst that could happen? It doesn't work out and I have to move again. It's not like I haven't survived it. Thankfully though we communicate well and we are very conscientious of each other's feelings. Two very important things to be successful. Plus I've been reading and researching and analyzing enough to feel satisfied with our decision. 
So in the between time of finishing up school and my internship I've been slowly packing and cleaning and watching really terrible t.v. Like Kardashian terrible. It's ok pretty soon I won't have cable again and I'll go back to reading and netflix. I've also spent an exorbitant amount of time on apartmenttherapy.com and craigslist looking for ideas for the house, vintage furniture I can pull apart and make pretty, and space saving techniques. I'm old. 
So on to the next beginning, whatever it may bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment