Monday, April 23, 2012

He has an affinity for asking about smells.

I'm currently sitting on the couch watching I, Robot. At this point it wouldn't matter what was on, I'm not moving. Mostly because I don't feel like finding the remote and because I am allowed to be this lazy. I have completed all of the assignments for my first year of grad school. WOOHOO! School's out for summer (yes you should sing that like Alice Cooper would). I'm still waiting on grades for some assignments, I'm going to be surprised if I end up with a 4.0 again this semester. If I do it will be a squeaker. 
Oh what a week, what a week. On Monday after classes I went immediately to work on other assignments. For the following three days I spent a minimum of 6 hours per day working on projects, after class or the internship. I did nothing but eat and breathe social work all week. On Thursday I spent the night babysitting  and immediately left for Louisville afterward. I got to Louisville around 3 a.m. and got up at 8 to get ready for my 3 interviews. Woof. 
Friday was a whirlwind of crazy. My first interview was at 9:30 for an internship. It was at Kentucky Youth Advocates and my first choice for placement. The interview went well and they offered to take me on as an intern. Elated yet still nervous for the others I drove 10 miles back downtown to interview at Legal Aid. The woman I was interviewing with had an eye emergency and was expected to be in within the hour. I wandered around downtown and waited. I went back and she still wasn't there. I had some time to kill before the job interview so I went to the Wrench to see J while he helped with registration for the moped rally. Legal Aid got back to me and asked me to come in after the job interview. Ok. So I drove back out of town for the interview which went really well but the offer may be contingent upon my driving record (no joke, speeding tickets may keep me from getting it). Left happy but concerned and kicking myself for habitually speeding to St. Johns, MI for work. UGHH, seriously I will punch myself. 
Anyway, after the job interview I headed back down to legal aid. After an hour and a half interview I left there with another offer and my head kind of spinning. It would have been amazing if I was done for the day, but no. I went home and finished and revised my 16 page paper. I emailed it and did a little dance. Sweet, sweet freedom. I headed back to the Wrench for drinks and moped rally festivities. We ended up at a different dive bar not too far away. There were a massive amount of people in that tiny bar, thankfully I knew a few and was able to maintain a conversation without clamming up with anxiety. The drinks helped that too. Too many drinks. The 5 kids that were staying in J's apartment finally showed and after far too much bourbon we went (I didn't drive) to Spinelli's. It's like a punk pizza bar...there was graffiti and half of a car in there. The bathrooms made me want to put a HazMat suit on before considering using the facilities. The music was great and the pizza wasn't bad either, though drunk pizza is always better. Moped rallies are never relaxing and include sleep deprivation. Seven people slept in an apartment that can't be bigger than about 550 sq feet. Packed. Not enough sleep and running late after Jason made breakfast for everyone we rushed to the park where the rally was meeting. There was an adult Easter egg hunt that we set up for in a small field. I have never seen 20 somethings get so excited about pastel plastic eggs but it was awesome. There were gag prizes and other cool things in the eggs. Skinny jeans, tattoos, piercings and they all turn into children as soon as you mention Egg hunt. 
The rally continued with food, more drinking and a game at home while others went on to the fireworks. It was freezing and the 9 of us didn't feel like staying outside. We played that game where you put a name on a card and the person wearing it on their forehead and has to guess what it is by asking questions. It probably has a name, that's irrelevant. Someone got Duane The Rock Johnson and had everyone cracking up. After the group returned we went back to the bar where I continued to act like I was back in college and drink more than necessary. I even danced. Yes, that drunk. It was a really good time and I'm glad I didn't get all anxious and awkward, I mean for the most part. 
Sunday after saying goodbye to the guests J and I had a perfectly lazy Sunday with movies, nerdy board games and chicken shawarma. I'm so happy with things.  
I can't wait to finish up my internship and move into the house. I finally got to see it Saturday. It is fantastic and huge. I don't know what we're going to do with all that space, I'm sure we'll find something. 
Easy week ahead, hopefully I'll know about the job so I can either feel relieved or have a melt down and apply to every job opening ever. Or start selling things out of my storage unit. 
Have a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment