Saturday, January 7, 2012

I just got this symphony goin'

Today after waking up and showering so my brain could begin functioning I started to feel a stir. A stir that I haven't felt since the beginning of this gray dreary winter-y weather. That stir that makes you want to run and climb trees and chase squirrels. It's that feeling that people (or maybe just me) get on that first real day of spring when you just know the weather has began to turn the corner and the bees buzzing and flowers blooming make you feel like Bambi. Physically I'm a bit limited to do most of those things until my ankle is 100% but it's that energy that makes you want to take on a really big project or go try something new and exciting. At this point it could also be the coffee and coke that I've consumed (the sugary coke not the powdery kind) but there's definitely something stirring around that's getting me excited for the day and for the things to come. 
After the first of the year when everyone was talking about resolutions that I don't generally make I tossed around the notion of being more fiscally responsible, less anxious and more open to new things. Aside from my current responsibilities with school, internship and bills I don't feel the need to commit to much else. However there are about 10,743 things that I would like to try this year. This stirring has conjured up the thoughts of those activities. I want to go zip-lining. In KY and TN there are places where you can zip-line and some of those places are in underground caverns. I want to go hiking around Nashville on one of the billion trails they have. I want to go to Natchez Trace and stand on the bridge in awe. I want to get back on my skateboard. I want to start enjoying Nashville for what is has to offer before I move away. 
I realize that I have priorities to take care of first but I'm ready to go, go, go!
Ok, one of my resolutions should have been cut down on the caffeine intake but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. 
This shining sun won't be up for much longer, so go I must.
Enjoy the day. Every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment