Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's almost Fall here.

It's already October! I'm shivering a little and it's like 60* out. Uh oh. The leaves have started to change just a little. 
This week kind of flew by and for that I am thankful. I definitely didn't spend as much time studying as I normally do but for some reason my profs decided to take it easy on us this week. I'm guessing that's due to field placement starting next week. 
On Thursday I went to see Hanson at the Wild Horse. I discussed that in the last post. I will say this, hearing women scream 'Taylor, Taylor' with drink in hand just makes the experience a lot less innocent than what it sounded like when I was thirteen. Kind of weird. I still had a good time and I got to hang out for part of the time at the lighting console with my sister's coworkers. On the way to my car I randomly bumped into one of my classmates (thankfully one that I like) and she introduced me to her friends as, 'one of the smartest girls in my class.' I laughed but it was mildly flattering, especially since she's quite smart herself. She's also from Michigan so maybe that's the connection. 
Friday night I babysat for the couple I normally sit for and got done early. I left in kind of a odd mood and hunted around for something to do. I ended up playing pool with Joe and a few of his friends. I really enjoy hanging out with new people, especially when they don't seem too offended with my mouth. I was in a strange state and just kind of let it fly the whole night. When I do that I typically assess any damage done after the night is over and second guess myself and interactions with people. It also got me thinking about institutionalized racism based on my observations at the bar that night. Random but my brain doesn't turn off from my social work perspectives sometimes.
Saturday I spent the day hanging with my sister. We went shopping (of course) and had Thai. The food was amazing and I can't wait to take other people to that restaurant. I also got an early birthday present in the form of a trench that I fell in love with after trying it on. My sister is an enabler at times because I have a clothes addiction. 
It's getting a hair ridiculous but I justified it by saying that I'm in need of dress clothes for work and this jacket will be perfect when it gets cooler and I need a dress jacket. Problem solved. 
We spent the rest of the day perusing and then realized we needed were running terribly late for the evening festivities. My friend's band was playing at 3rd and Lindsley and since he's rarely in town we make an effort to see him whenever he is. I'm still not a fan of country music but the girl he plays for is incredibly good and entertaining so it works for me. After the show we went downtown (ugh) to go make a night of it. We walked in and out of 5 bars, getting a drink at one and then settled on the usual spot that is out of the way and has a great beer selection. Not too many tourists. My friend finally met up with us and we all had a lot of fun just chatting and drinking. We stuck around the bar after my sister and her boyfriend left for one more beer and more chatting. I've become really grateful for people in my life that bring out different aspects of my personality. Some friends I hang out with because of common interests, other friends engage me in excellent conversation and other friends are just entertaining and keep things interesting, actually most are. He and I seem to get ourselves into strange conversation or just good theoretical musings (which are always a few beers in)but they make me think and kind of challenge me. I have a few friends that connect with me in that way but just the one in Nashville and then I text Stew when I'm looking for discussions about clinical theories or verbal abuse. 
I'm getting excited for the new week to begin so I can start my internship (I get my own office!) and then see the boy whom I've been missing moreso this week than most. That and I am going to a wedding and likely getting Biggby's, lol. And hopefully seeing my best friend. Yes!


Have a wonderful week, mine is going to rock. 





No comments:

Post a Comment