Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why does the rhythm get me every time?

Sometimes I wonder if I have a strange sense of humor or if some people just lack one completely. I love college football. I love my Spartans. I was in a bar last night while the U of M/Notre Dame game was going on. There was some turd in a Michigan shirt singing the fight song after they scored. So I asked him, are you from Michigan? To which he replies, 'are you?' And as I am saying yes he high-fived me. That should have been the first sign he was a turd. I said, 'buuuuut, I am a State fan. We had a shut-out today, you guys seem to be struggling.' And I smiled and shook my head and 'tsk-tsked'. He appeared very offended by my ribbing, didn't say a word and turned his back toward me and faced the bar. What the hell? Really guy? You can't handle a little joking? Then I called some guy 'sir' when I was getting his attention to let him know he stole my friend's seat at the bar and he looked at me like I had two heads. Needless to say I wasn't making any friends last night. I mean aside from friend's of friends, I was a big hit with Jeff's friends apparently. I wasn't so popular with the straight patrons of the Melrose. 
Soooo, the week went kind of slow and looking back it doesn't feel like I was driving back from Louisville last Monday, it feels like weeks ago. Ugh. I spent a majority of the week studying and I got to hang with my sister for a few days. I finished unpacking my room and taking some things to storage. Boring things. I spent Friday night babysitting. Again, boring. Saturday I spent a majority of the day driving around East Nashville and West Nashville looking for a dress to wear to a wedding or two. After working on school stuff I met my friend and a few of his friends at the Belcourt Theatre to check out 'The Future' which is the new movie written, produced and starred in by Miranda July. The movie was lovely and I highly recommend it. She also did a questions session over skype live with the audience after the movie which was pretty cool. Drinks and my awkward interactions followed. I did find a dress however, which I was pretty excited about. The bad thing is that I have no friends here to shop with (my only girl friend in Nashville was out of town) so I ended up sending Jen pics of the dresses to get her opinion, gotta love technology. 
It looks like this:
I'm pretty psyched to wear it, it has pockets! Woot. If I ever have an excuse to wear a wedding dress, it will have pockets to keep tissues for the poor sucker agreeing to marry me. That's how much I like pockets in dresses. 


Anyway....Busy school week ahead, even busier one next week. I'm going to power through, hopefully have another fun and productive weekend and keep on trucking. Holy socks am I glad for Skype. Long distance can suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment