Monday, September 19, 2011

Congrats on your boyfriend not being dead.

Oh what a week it was. I've got class in a few hours so I figured I'd get this in now because the way this week is looking I'm not going to have much time for anything but writing papers for the next week. Rawr.
This week started off with a massive amount of annoyance on Monday from my Social, Economics and Political Environments (512) instructor. We were assigned to take an online quiz over the last 4 weeks of reading and were given a 12 hour window to take it. Not a huge deal, until I started the quiz and realized that the 8 chapters and 10 articles that we were assigned over the last four weeks were expected to be read in such great detail that I was supposed to remember minute facts about all of it. Ok, ok, I get that you want us to read, and I do, but asking us about tiny details from stuff I read four weeks ago seems a little ridiculous. On top of that one of the questions wasn't a complete sentence, one of the questions was from an article that we weren't supplied with and another question was based off of reading that is assigned for next week. What the hell? Please look over your quiz before you make me take it so you know it makes sense. I am ultra-paranoid about my grades and I bombed the quiz. So after taking the quiz I couldn't concentrate and could feel my anxiety sky-rocketing. I went for a run to relax and then talked with some of my classmates the next day all of whom had the same concerns. Blah. So Tuesday my class was canceled but I didn't figure that out until I was already there. My friend and I met for lunch before class and had amazing Thai and headed over together. I think we did a little dance when we realized we didn't have class. It's the little things.
Tuesday evening I got a phone call from my boyfriend after not hearing anything from him all day. At 5p.m. he had just woken up because he was in the emergency room until 7 a.m. I had a mild coronary and found out he had gotten in an accident on his moped. Concussion and sprained shoulder. Yikes. It was decided almost immediately that I would head to Louisville as soon as I was done with classes on Wednesday. After getting there Wednesday night I got to hear him recall the accident with the kids he was in it with and the rest of his gang. From what everyone could gather they were going about 30-35 mph and hit a downed tree and went over their handle bars. All of them were wearing helmets and the guy that came to rescue them said by the looks of their bikes they were lucky to be alive. He then congratulated me on having a boyfriend that was still alive. I was thankful too.
So the rest of the weekend I stayed in Louisville to help Jason with stuff around the house and trying to make sure he was taking it easy. Thankfully by Wednesday he was at least able to put on a shirt and leave the house, baby steps. We spent a lot of the weekend on school work and the other parts being lazy. When I'm in Louisville is the only time I will nap. We also went to the Drive-In, which is one of my favorite things to do together. Drive (with Ryan Gosling) and Horrible Bosses were playing. Drive was pretty amazing especially considering how low my expectations were. It didn't hurt that Christina Hendricks was in it for a bit and I have a massive girl crush on her. It also helped to have homemade slushies yet again. They weren't too slushy by the time we got there but it's the thought that counts. Pretty much my boyfriend is awesome.
Overall, great weekend considering the circumstances. I now have two papers to write and a wedding to go to this coming weekend...bad. I'll figure it out.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment