Monday, September 5, 2011

homemade slushies rock my socks

Welp. I just saw a commercial for a TV show starring Zooey Deschanel. Guess I know what I'll be watching this Fall. I love her inappropriate amounts.
So anyway, this week was fantastic. I had class for three days, saw a naked man outside of my apartment, moved and then got to see my boyfriend for five days. Ok so not so much the first couple of things but Wednesday evening I was able to get out of Nashville and head up to Louisville for the long weekend.
Visits involved Ticket to Ride or train game (which I won, twice!), Mario Party on Wii (which I lost, twice-grr) and lots of time spent studying. It works out quite well that Jason and I are both in school because I don't have the self control to put studying time aside when I'm around people I want to spend time with and he's much more studious than I. We worked on a positive reward system. Study and then we get to go on a date. Study and then we go to 21C to check out the museum and Wet Willies (which was closed, damn it). Study and then go cuddle on the couch for hours watching episodes of LOST on netflix. It was a good system. Unfortunately our plans to go to the drive-in didn't work because of the rain but because I was super bummed that Wet Willie's was closed the amazing man made me slushies with his ice cream maker and vodka. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend without slowing down time. I left kind of down that the weekend was over and that we won't be seeing each other for another three weeks. ugh. I'll survive.
On the way home I called my Mom to chat. She had mentioned that her friends went to Detroit to see Obama today which then led to a conversation about politics then the social welfare system. I keep thinking that I am becoming more conservative in my views of the system. I don't know if its age or the things that I'm learning or I'm just finding it harder to fight for a system that has serious flaws in it. Shouldn't that make me want to fight harder to fix it? I'm getting frustrated with my going back and forth on the matter of my concentration. Clinical or Macro? Yeesh. I need to slow it down.
On a totally unrelated note; college football is back and it is officially Fall. YES!! Go green, go white, GO STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment