Monday, August 1, 2011

Why do curse words make me feel more comfortable?'

So this past week I've been relatively busy. I finished up my summer job last Thursday after a pretty busy week. I was given a lot of busy work to make the days suck a little less. I helped my boss with a few of her projects and even did some rearranging around the office after helping to clear out her storage room. On my last day we all had lunch together and she told me I could leave early so I was pretty stoked. She also gave me a gift card for Kroger (which is a huge help cos I'm still poor) and told me to feel free to use her as a reference for anything I need. She said she'll still be looking for ways for me to work there, ha. OHH and she was frustrated with her computer and she said "fuckin' thing!" I'm sure I had the biggest grin on my face after hearing that.
 The other days of the week in Nashville included the usual mundane things around the apartment and going to the cafe. I also had to ready my apartment for my friend so he has a place to crash before he moves into his new house. It works out perfectly because I'm going to be out of town the first two weeks of August anyway so that I can spend time with the boyfriend before we both start school and also to go to Michigan and CEDAR POINT! I am so stoked to see my friends and ride some roller coasters.
These last few days in Louisville have been fantastic. I'm just happy, simply put. I really enjoy spending time here with Jason and his friends. I like doing the undesirable stuff like helping him clean out his moped garage or helping out his friends with stuff they need help with because we just make things fun. Thursday night the awesome soul band was playing at the dive bar so we met friends there. Friday night was game night and ended up being a really late night. I learned how to play disc golf. We went to a course here at Iroquois Park which ended up being 18 holes and hiking in between each hole. There were six of us and comparatively for it being my first time I did pretty well and we were all dripping sweat and gross by the end of it. Last night we went to the drive-in thats like 25 minutes away. I haven't been  to a drive-in in years and I forgot how much fun they can be, especially when we sat there an made mixed drinks on a blanket in the grass. We saw Harry Potter and Bridesmaids. We didn't get out of there til 2 a.m. but it was totally worth sitting outside for over 4 hours.
I'm looking forward to spending the next week here before going back to Nash for orientation and then straight back here so we can head to the mitten.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment