Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Now if only I could find someone to fund that.

I've figured out what I want to do with my life. I want to travel from city to city researching and assessing needs for the city, setting up programs and implementing them. Evaluation could be done after six or 12 months via surveys. Now, who wants to find me that job?

Le sigh. I'm only one week into school. Eight months left of this school year, summer then nine more months and done. I can't stop thinking about the end goal. That's the point, right? Graduating so I can find a job and change the world. Instead I'm also worrying about what I want to do exactly with my degree. Or if I chose the right concentration. Rarg.

I'm rambling. My mind has been going non-stop lately. I love that I'm busy. I love that I have things to look forward to but I don't love that I'm getting so ahead of myself. I need to sloooooow down. Unfortunately there are things that I need to get done and am under time constraints that are no school related. I have to pack up my entire apartment. I've had to make a decision to leave my apartment to be more financially responsible and I'm leaving much sooner than I anticipated. Alas, it will be for the better. I may actually get to see my sister once in a while and I won't be obligated to any kind of lease so if perhaps, I don't know, I spent the summer somewhere else it wouldn't be an issue. There I go getting ahead of myself again. Routine is good. Schedules are good and keep me consistent. I just need to keep this momentum. And the people watching at the cafe has been pretty damn good as well. That's as much of a motivator to study as good grades. And the amazing weather because soon enough it will be Fall and gorgeous.
One long day of classes left and I am done for the week. The rest of the time will be spent studying, packing and wishing time would go faster so I could see that boy that makes me smile so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment