Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rant-y adult crap

As of late I've been dealing with insurance, money (or lack of), and prescriptions. Since I resigned from Centerstone they didn't see a need to insure me, fair, so that meant I needed to find other means of insurance. I can stay under my parents insurance until I turn 26, which by my math is now less than three months away (I'm silently freaking out about the age not insurance). So I go from my personal insurance to my parents insurance which happened to be the same provider and then find out they don't cover contraceptives of any kind. What year is it? Long story short my insurance, though I appreciate having it for emergencies, is crap. I was able to get my prescription cheaper by not being insured. It went from $90 over the counter, $40 with my old insurance to $25 without insurance....figure that one out.
In the midst of these dealings with prescriptions I did a lot of waiting at the pharmacy and observed the MASSIVE amount of money people pay for pills. Pills that can be made for pennies. Pills that people need to function on a daily basis. It just made me think about what I often think about when I see an injustice. America's moral compass. Where the fuck is it? We neglect the 46 million Americans that are uninsured, the failing education system, any kind of preventive programs for juvenile justice, poverty and child abuse and we wonder why the country is falling apart? And when things get hard the ignorant point their fingers at immigrants, welfare recipients and minorities.
I don't have the answers but I also don't think we're not asking enough questions
This coming all with the constant news around the possible default coming August 2nd.
These questions still don't put money in my bank account though.

No comments:

Post a Comment