Monday, May 23, 2011

"If I go there will be trouble and if I stay it will be double"

Watching punk kids two step and mosh in 85* weather to the Clash's "should I stay" played live by Anti-Flag is not something I would have seen myself being a part of at the age of 25. One because I'd never really had a desire to see Anti-Flag after 1999. Two because I didn't think I was going to make it to any shows in Louisville for the obvious reason that I don't live there and it's a three hour drive North for me. Lots of tattoos, piercings, mohawks, manic panic hair dye and black t-shirts, sometimes that just feels like home, or a blast from the past at least. 
So I spent most of the week wishing it was Friday, which is pretty typical, but wished even harder because I had an exciting weekend to look forward to and didn't want to wait any longer. Thankfully I have one of the coolest bosses ever and she suggested I take Friday off of work, umm....hell yes! So after what seemed like the longest 4 days on the planet and the longest four hours babysitting on Thursday night (the kids are adorable I'm just impatient) I made the trip up 65. I made pretty fantastic time and got into town with enough time to grab a drink and meet some friends of the friend I was visiting.   Bell's Two Hearted hit the spot famously and calmed my crazy nerves again. All said and done I was up for 24 hours on Thursday but it was absolutely worth it. Friday morning really kicked the weekend into gear and whilst getting ready for the day I got a phone call for an interview in Louisville...weird. So delicious Vietnamese sandwiches and some straight talk were the precursor to the interview which I feel didn't go as swimmingly as they usually do. I'm not sure what happened aside from the fact that I just felt out of my element which isn't usually a huge deal because I'm awkward at times anyway but not usually in those settings. I'll hear soon. 
The weekend was split up between Krazy Fest (Defeater, Lemuria, La Dispute, Anti-Flag, Make do and Mend, and many more), a toddler's birthday party, BBQ's, house parties, board games, mopeds and we even squeezed in a movie. I'd like to think that's a pretty efficient use of time. It was pretty much me looking like a smiley nerd or talking myself into be more talkative even when feeling uncomfortable. I met a lot of really cool people. ANNND I learned how to drive a moped which I felt pretty damn good about considering my lack of confidence in two wheeled machines propelled by small motors. Plus of course the helmet (totally necessary for a max speed of 20mph) I'm sure looked super sexy.....It's also nice to have someone to explain and be patient with you. 
To sum up the weekend in three not real words combining to make one: Amaz-za-zing. It's not a coincidence that the last three weekend have been fantastic, there is a definite theme within them all, "I'm down for whatever." I aim to live life more like that on a regular basis. 
There were some strange and some positive interactions while spending time in the city. I was able to get to know a few people and really understand more about a person that connects all of those people together. I also had a 50 or 60 year old man hit on me by opening with a line about the bird necklace I was wearing and had a girl at the show tell me she's 'sick of dude friends' and then asked if we could be friends. Ha. Apparently I'm more approachable than I thought if I'm at a Kroger or a show at least. 
This week is going to be rough for two reasons. Decisions. Decisions. It's also going to be super amazingly fantastic because my best friend is coming to visit and is bringing along the always amazing Scuba Steve. What more could a girl ask for?


Oh this is the sexy moped that I rode, it's super tough ;) I'm not a natural but I did ok. 
GRRR!
Also on my mind are things that get me into trouble. Things that make me nervous and then run away. Or wonder when the sky is going to start falling down around me. Decisions and implications. Not allowing myself to be influenced by anyone or anything and just make the right decision for me. Thankfully they are all positive things and will lead to good outcomes, for the most part. I don't want to agonize and him and haw because that's just going to make things worse and I really just don't have to time to do that. I will say that it feels really good to be surrounded by people that support and care about me, even if they are being protective older sisters...errr...
I keep posting on Mondays because clearly if you're reading I'm living instead of just writing about it, which I feel ok with even if it screws up the rotation. 
Today I had a job interview in Murfreesboro and it went really really well. It makes me wonder about things like balance, fate or being just plain right or wrong. 
I'm ok with taking chances I just need to make sure I can stick the landing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment