Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Here am I floatin' 'round my tin can far above the world

Twice in a week is a bit much but I've had a lot on my mind as of late so I need to sort some things out, bear (not bare) with me. 
So I discovered today that I now have a summer job, whew what a relief, right? Maybe not as much as one would think. It will be a great opportunity, a great resume builder and damn near slave labor considering what I'm being paid but that's part of Americorps' idea, they want you to know what it feels like to live in poverty. 
So part one is great; a summer job in my field that has awesome hours and isn't that far from home. 
Part two involves matters of the heart. Touchy subject, so much so that I rarely talk about such things. F*ck it. It's worth discussing because that's where my head has been for the last few weeks, up in the clouds. 
Part one makes part two a little more tricky. Part one could have involved a job elsewhere affording me the opportunity to really explore part two. This almost sounds like a math problem at this point. If car one is traveling at a rate of...... Anyway, a tough decision had to be made and made it was much to the chagrin of all parties involved. 
So now it's time to get creative and save what little money I will be making to pay for gas. It will be worth it, I know.
It will be worth it because of the way I have felt these past few weeks. A way I have not felt maybe ever. It makes me want to sing the Beatles "I wanna hold your hand" and skip around my apartment. Something I want to tell everyone and no one because it excites me and terrifies me at the same time. 
I'm certain my close friends all think I'm crazy. I just may be. For once I know I am excited to see where things lead me instead of where I will end up. Sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy the ride, even if you really want to floor it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment