Sunday, April 24, 2011

If I came back as a Zombie I would totally eat your brains first. Nom Nom.

Well it's Easter. The only thing that means for me is I can eat purple marshmallow peeps and have a damn good excuse for it. I always start with the ears first. I'm probably going to go into a sugar coma but that's the price I pay for my dedication to the Easter bunny.
When I was a kid we didn't go to church, ever. The only time I went to church was if I was having a sleepover at a friend's house and their parents drug me along. It mostly just made me uncomfortable. I remember on Easter at our house it was celebrated with plastic egg hunting, massive amounts of sugar before 8 a.m. and some sort of little gift from my parents, the older I got the more likely it was cash. The Easter bunny came until I was 17, boy do I miss his visits now. Now I'm just confronted with status updates on Facebook of an undying faith in Jesus or people wishing everyone a Happy Zombie Jesus day. I'm not too keen on either but to each his own.
This week involved a lot of bruises, dude stuff and sweating. This week reminded me of what's to expect for this summer because one of the days this week it was 86 degrees outside and the humidity has began creeping right in.  The upside is that I
was able to skateboard almost every day this week and I'm starting to get better, finally. You wouldn't know it by the condition my body is in though. The other leg isn't quite as bad. I swear I'm not usually clumsy. My friend said it makes me look like a bad ass. I was thinking dumbass but whatever. As much as I'm getting bumps and bruises it's something that makes me happy. I beat myself up too much mentally, it was time for a change.
Aside from the skateboarding I played some sand volleyball at midnight on Thursday night being that we didn't work early on good Friday. That was pretty hilarious and there was sand everywhere, I'm still vacuuming it out of my carpet after tracking it through my apartment. Friday was laid back after a couple hours at the park my friend and I went to see HANNA which was pretty frickin awesome. All of the music was done by the Chemical Brothers which set the tone for the whole movie. I wanted to see Water for Elephants but as soon as he watched the trailer I knew I couldn't put him through two hours of Robert Pattinson, I don't even want to sit through that but the book was so damn good. Saturday I went on a hunt for some vintage goods that I can wear during the summer. I wound up with two dresses that I am pretty psyched about but I can't wear until I stop looking like a domestic violence survivor. It's just too warm for pants at this point. Fat people shouldn't relocate to warmer climates, that just didn't register in my brain before I chose Nashville. Today I had intended to get some groceries and cleaning supplies at Target. Of course it was closed, it's Easter Sunday and I live in Tennessee. Most everything was closed except my gym which I visited so I would feel less guilty about Easter candy. So I went to Kroger and bought some Peeps and laid around the rest of the day.
I LOVE PEEPS! Even the name.
I've mentioned before about how it seems that strangers, especially those in customer service seem to attract themselves to me and say weird things. Today while in a drive thru paying for food (Burger King specifically and yes I ate like crap all weekend) the cashier saw my tunnels (in my earlobe-currently at 1/2") and asked if he could put a straw through one. This is after her called me darling 14 times while I handed him my debit card and he asked me where I was going and where I had been. It's weird, he was hilarious and ballsy enough to ask so I let him. My earlobe was de-virginized by a stranger in a drive thru. What will I tell my kids?
And hey; judge not lest ye be judged, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment