Monday, April 18, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends.......

Holy smokes this week flew by me. My brain melted at one point during the week only to be revived shortly after by logic and the hard slap of reality.
The thing that drives me crazy about myself is that it seems that I feel EVERYTHING to an extreme. I prefer to stay even tempered and balanced on a day to day basis. That is a goal I have yet to attain and here's why; I'm slightly crazy. It seems that when I develop a feeling about a situation I recognize it, label it and then run with it, swiftly and without further thought. I feel things to their core. Some would say that's passion, I would say it's kind of a curse. I get very tuned into a feeling and have trouble breaking from it even after being confronted with all of the facts and reasons why maybe I shouldn't be feeling that way. Sometimes they come with a fury and hold me captive for hours leaving me in a state of disrepair. That's when I do one of two things. Call my best friend crying or hole up in my apartment and sulk. I chose option number one this weekend. My best friend is my rock in situations like this. And she pretty much rocks my socks anyways because this Tuesday I got a sweet necklace and note in the mail. Love that girl. She also pondered how to send human feces in the mail, I convinced her otherwise.
So my parents dropped by for a day. We did the dinner thing and hung out for a bit. They were heading over to East Tennessee for a car convention. Nerds. The rest of the week I was pretty bored save for time spent at the skatepark. On Saturday my sister called to see if I wanted to grab lunch. Fifteen minutes later she called in hysterics saying the house is flooding and she needed me to come over. Oh man.....disaster. I have no attachment to anything in the house so its a lot easier for me to think clearly and plan steps while she was on the phone freaking out about things getting damaged by water and trying to move equipment away from the stream of water coming from the basement ceiling. Needless to say those are 7 hours from my life I am never getting back but I may later use them as leverage for favors. Ha. She and her boyfriend were super grateful and took me for sushi as a thank you. Free sushi was totally worth running up and down basement stairs 143 times carrying heavy objects. Plus I'm poor so anything free sounds pretty good to me. Sunday was spent with errands and then four hours of skating that cause me to wake up this morning with a very stiff knee. Left knee and concrete met and were quickly mashed together, they don't like each other.
On an unrelated note; I am not a parent nor should I feel like one considering no babies have exited my vagina so if you want me to take care of your children like a parent you probably shouldn't be a bitch to me. Just a thought. If you can't take care of your kids because you're ill equipped or incompetent you get help but it isn't guaranteed and you are not entitled to it. I'm here to help NOT parent your children. These parents make me reconsider that whole wanting to be a Mom idea.
I miss Michigan and hope to visit soon. In the meantime I will keep my head up and my crazy emotions under control. Now for that whole fixing kids and parents thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment