Sunday, April 3, 2011

All affected way too easy by the love and the hate.

Holy wow this week was odd. I went into work on monday only to learn that one of my clients was in a significant amount of trouble. This is a client I pushed to get because I knew he'd be worth the challenge if I could affect some change. Needless to say the week started off a bit rough. I'm not a 'go through the motions' type, especially at work and I don't ignore blatant problems which is why I feel so frustrated at work some days. It's hard to understand why people that chose a field to teach children and they make statements like, "he's just a lost cause," or "what's the point of even trying?" Or they sit and argue with a child or power struggle with an oppositionally defiant kid. Those are the days I want to beat my head against a wall. The incompetence of some people isn't the hardest part of my job though, it's outright ignorance. Ignorance on the parents part when they they their kids they 'wished they were never born' or continue to list off all of the problems that they caused for them. I had a meeting with the same kid Friday and I met with his mother as well attempting to figure out how he can return home without mass chaos. It was difficult to bite my tongue when I heard those things. I tried to counter with optimistic and positive statements to no avail. After massive amounts of frustrations with the meeting and the bullshit that took place to even have the meeting I drove towards home and just let it out. I put my huge Jackie O sunglasses on and had a good ten minute cry. I decided that even though there are things that I have no control over and can't take away there are things I can do to assauge a situation. Regardless of what happens I really don't think that situations are 100% hopeless even if they look that way sometimes. It does make me sad that parents breed a negative environment and it spreads to everything in the home. I wish there was a pill for that instead.
So rough week at work but better in most other areas. To doctor my knee my friend told me about glucosamine for joints, there isn't evidence that it works but I feel like it made a huge difference, enough so that I did 3 miles at the gym two days in a row and was able to skate during the week as well. It made me feel so much better and I've got so much more energy. Unfortunately I'm not even close to being on pace for the 1/2 marathon. I'll figure something out.
This weekend was a trip. Friday we went out to Crags and played pool, I of course got killed every time. It was a huge dude fest so it was a little weird but I met friends of friends and met some pretty cool people. I had a good talk with Jason and Stew about my standards for men and expectations and how I am a repeater. I definitely am and I need to break that habit when it's time to start looking. I'm not looking.
Saturday I was invited to a moped rally by my friend Julia. She has a friend that is in a moped gang (I am not kidding-gang) and they travel all over so he came down to Nashville with his gang. Imagine a massive garage with high ceilings full from side to side with mopeds and hipsters. I wish I took pictures because it's hard to put into words. There were a lot of skinny jeans, PBR's and moped enthusiasts. They even have rules and regulations of how you form a gang and how you become a member. There are no beatings (I asked). I called it 'a nerdy Hell's Angels meeting.' However I don't think Hunter S Thompson would have gotten involved. All of the people there were really cool and extra smelly with a mixture of gasoline and body odor. It was rad. I do kind of want to be a part of something like that though not with mopeds, I couldn't pull that off and look cool. Ever.

This week will be a lot of me focusing on the positives at work, forcing myself to think of a positive to every negative....this may be harder than I think. Hope everyone else has a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment