Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well I'm not asking if you're not asking..........

I'm sitting on my patio and it's still 80 degrees outside, haha, Oh I don't miss Michigan today. 
I thoroughly enjoyed not working this week even at times when I'd look at my watch and realize it was 6pm and I had done nothing at all productive. I can't really imagine not having a job at all though. I would probably go stir crazy and decoupage (a fancy word for pasting) pictures of birds onto my coffee table (the thought crossed my mind at one point). Thankfully the weather has been improving and has kept me from hand sewing pillows in the shapes of cats or other weird shit that I think about on a regular basis. All of these things would be cool if I had any artistic knack at all. I don't and most of my projects end up unfinished or looking like a 8 year old's art project. I get lucky sometimes. 
When I wasn't dreaming up macaroni necklaces and paint by numbers I was out and about looking for ways to stay busy and spend way too much money. I ended up at the cafe during the day quite a bit reading with iced coffee. I started another Bukowski, I don't think I like this one as much as the others but we'll see I suppose.  Most of the nights were spent hanging with the boys and people watching. St. Patty's day was kind of a bust due to poor planning and the MSU loss. And the beating up on each other. And the whining. I'm all about complaining but if there's something I can do to change a situation I typically won't whine I just go and do it. Anyway, I spent a bunch of time with my sister and her BF over break as well which was cool because we crack each other up and are sarcastic assholes to each other. Sometimes people in the South are a little too nice for my liking and I just feel the need to be a jerk. I've also had more instances of talking to strangers (they initiate) and then they overshare. No, I don't want to know about your girlfriend that is going into the Marines and you basing your decision to go back to school on her, please just finish ringing up that tank top I'm buying. During the same shopping trip another girl ringing me up told me I smelled like I just got out of a bath tub. After thinking for a second I stated 'Well ok, at least I don't smell bad,' she clarified by saying 'No, you smell really good, like fresh.' I likely looked confused and maybe a little nervous. What do you say to that? That's just awkward. At least I thought it was. 
My week was accompanied by the nagging want for things I shouldn't have, a growing addiction to iced coffee and an unhealthy focus on telling myself that 'he's just not that into you.' (That's what the book said right?) I obsess about things, I always have because I've come to realize that is just my personality. I hyperanalyze until all the angles are inspected to death. It's bad for me but at this point that's one of the few unhealthy habits I will allow myself that won't cause me to get fatter or develop lung cancer.....Sigh......Can't I just get what I want? Kidding. 
I will continue chugging along and looking for forms of entertainment along the way. Not in the form of country music because I continue to keep from catching the evil plague that circulates this city. This city that I am beginning to love in spite of being known for terrible music and bible thumpers. 
sidenote: They seriously have the biggest bumble bees here I have ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment