Monday, March 7, 2011

I ain't no forgiver forgetter

I swear one day I'll work up the nerve to say what's on my mind to everyone that I want to say it to because holy hell would I feel a lot better. The only thing that stops me is tact and dealing with the consequences.
Trailer Park Boys and Third Rock from the Sun have consumed all of my free time when it's raining or dark out. I sure do love Netflix. My knee has been driving me crazy lately and it's been difficult to run on. I feel like a 90 year old woman some mornings it's so stiff. So I've pretty much been a sloth watching tv shows and eating too much. Ugh. I'll be glad when it starts to warm up and gets a little drier outside, I'm pretty sure it's the moisture in the air that's making me miserable. I need to move somewhere dry like Arizona or Nevada or maybe just go to a doctor....meh, we'll see.
This week consisted of a lot of patience and self control at work. I didn't need as much as I thought when it came to babysitting four and two year olds. That was actually kind of fun. I have 6 work days left until spring break and need to practice the same tolerance this week. I still haven't decided if I'm heading to Michigan for a few days. There are things I could be doing here and there is still crappy weather and snow on the ground up North...not really vacation weather. I do very much want to see my friends though. My friend Julia had her cousin and three of his friends visit over the weekend so we offered to show them around Nashville and take them downtown. All of them were younger and still in college making their tolerance for alcohol and spending money much higher than ours. This resulted in too many drinks, piggy back rides in the street, yelling at strangers, getting molested and turning into the responsible one and making sure everyone got home safely. Those boys wouldn't make it if it weren't for Julia and I, I swear. After finally getting home at after 4am I was in serious need of sleep and did so for 10 hours. I woke up Saturday afternoon feeling extremely old and wondering how I used to do that every weekend in college. I reluctantly went out Saturday night with little intentions of staying out for long. Somehow I got roped into sitting at the bar at the Wildhorse with Jason and being fed drinks and shots by one of the Best Bartenders in Nashville (not based on my opinion, though I would say the same, he was awarded that by a newspaper). It's nice to hang out with people who know people but it's bad for my liver and self control. My sister had to drive my drunk ass home at 3am...bad news bears. So the weekend was pretty much a bust for getting anything productive done but it was fun, it just won't be repeated anytime soon. Actually a drinking hiatus would probably be a good idea.
This week just needs to go extremely fast and that is my only want.
Also on an unrelated note I will say this. Life has a funny way of unfolding. We have plans and expectations for things but when it comes to people it never quite works out the way you'd expect. I need to tell myself I don't want the things I actually do so I will get them. I don't want the things you offer. I want what I can't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment