Sunday, February 6, 2011

every beautiful, complicated, neurotic part...

'So I just got stuck with a bunch of Xanax and I'm trying to get rid of them.'
It's 2 a.m. at a Steak and Shake in Hermitage and we're being offered drugs by an ethnically confused white guy in a FUBU jersey and tilted cap. He was pacing the aisle between booths and asked if we wanted some Xanax, the three of us looked at each other confused and had him repeat himself. After declining we joked about giving them to my friend's wife. The dealer told us to stop talking about it. "Ya'll quit talking about it." I find a drug dealer with a Southern accent one of the funniest things ever. Who asks random strangers in a public place if they want to buy drugs? C'mon man.The rest of the weekend was spent people watching at dive bars and UFC at BDubs.
The work week  left much to be desired and I pretty much wished for Friday to come by early Tuesday morning. I'm glad to have the coworkers that I do but I think I'm just a bit burned out with direct care. I think I say that every week though.
My weekly Netflix obsession is Skins the original British version. It's ridiculous but I kind of love it and the accents and the slang just make it that much better. It's like a sexed up version of Degrassi with more drugs and profanity but wayyyy better music.
Currently reading Sellevision by Augusten Burroughs.
I'm loving that it's February and I'm not trudging through snow or scraping my car off in the morning. We'll add that in the 'Pro' column for Nashville. At this point now I'm just waiting for a response from UT and then I'll know if I'm here for two more years. Just trying to look at the positives on the living situation. I still very much appreciate being able to live on my own.

I hate that I can't be there for my best friend when she needs someone. It's made the distance seem impossible. Distance seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life over the last few years. That whole 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' is a big load of crap. It's kind of funny though because it was a choice of mine to create that distance, physically and emotionally. We're getting a bit too serious now...
On a different note I'm getting a refund back from my taxes and I'm only actually going to touch 10% of that and using the other 90 for bills/debt. But with that I will be applying for a passport. I don't know when I'll actually use it but you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment