Sunday, February 20, 2011

This never ending conflict....this never ends

If I gave this week an energy level on a scale of 1-37 it would have been at about a 4 for most of it. I'm guessing it was the drastic weather change we've recently had and a rash of germs my body has been exposed to and is attempting to fight off. Body: 1, Flu: 0. (so far)
The week was pretty mellow until it hit Friday mostly because I was boring and unmotivated. My friend yelled at me for being lazy at the skatepark so I proceeded to tell him 'I quit' and left. Positive and sunny I was not. Friday rolled around and as much energy I was lacking I was bound and determined to go have fun. I even made up a game to play at the bar that we have sadly become regulars at which is nothing to brag about for sure. I developed a 'Hillbilly Scavenger Hunt' in order to keep us more observant of our surroundings. Next week we will involve more people and complete the checklist, I don't care if it takes all night.
My Mom and Aunt got here Friday as well but they were occupied until Saturday.
You don't talk politics from the backseat with me behind the wheel, that was the first mistake. The second was responding at all while my Aunt and sister talked about universal health care and how Obama sucks. My mom was smart to stay out of it...I wanted to pull the car over and kick them out. The south has gotten to my sister, she's spent too much time with all of these conservatives. Sometimes I wonder how I was birthed into the same family as some of these people. There were also several talks about society, children and the social welfare system (my Aunt works at HeadStart) and stereotypes. Needless to say I'm at odds with my family on a lot of it.
Spending time with my Mom and Aunt all weekend made me think a lot about getting older and wondering if my sister and I will be like them. The two of them together is hilarious. Neither of them could navigate their way out of a parking lot without calling Jill or I for help. They spent 45 minutes in a parking garage looking for their rental car at 1am in downtown Nashville. My Aunt said it was like the 'blonde leading the blonde' they are also Polish, not that it necessarily means anything but genetically I may be in trouble. It was really nice spending time with family and showing them around all weekend. I even ended the weekend shopping with my sister and trying yet another sushi place, twas delicious. I bought more clothes, pretty soon I may need an intervention. Or a bigger closet.
This coming week means dinner dates and driving to Knoxville to go see Thursday play Full Collapse in it's entirety. I am so frickin excited!! It also means that I am off of work on Friday and will only be working 4 days this week. Even Better! Spring break is coming soon too and a possible trip to Michigan or somewhere...

Ridiculous text of the week: (my friend waiting to go to the bar)
Paul*: Alright hurry up I have babies to kiss and bitches to catch
Paul: Update: deucing @ Outback then going to the Nail
*I don't understand how this man is married or has friends, or how I am one of them. On a regular basis he tells me he needs to or is pooping. It's time to make friends with girls I think.

>>>>>>Including the Hillbilly Scavenger Hunt list if anyone else lives in the South and would like to attempt, hell you could probably do this in Yale, Mi.
o  Home-made fix on a truck (including but not limited to duct tape, plastic sheets, vice grips, plywood, etc.)
o  NASCAR/NRA stickers on a vehicle
o  Wrangler jeans
o  Bib overalls
o  Lynyrd Skynryd Tee Shirt
o  Camouflage article of clothing (excluding a hat)
o  Cowboy hat
o  Mullet
o  She-mullet
o  John Deere belt buckle
o  More than two teeth missing on the same row
o  Confederate flag article of clothing
o  Visible facial bruising (female)
o  A can of SKOAL
o  Butt crack (male)

*Have a lovely week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment