Saturday, February 12, 2011

Owl always be there.........oh wait.

'You can do it put your ass into it'......Wait weren't these people just line dancing five minutes ago? What the hell is this?
The strangest thing I have ever seen is a transition from country music to ghetto rap on the same dance floor. As soon as it hits 11pm the bar we were at went from Garth Brooks to Ice Cube and seizure inducing strobe lights. Nobody left the dance floor they just changed positions from facing one another looking proper and country to ass to crotch grinding and 'getting low.' Yikes. It was like in Mean Girls how Lindsey Lohan's character imagines scenarios in the jungle, everything animalistic and hostile like the fight scene in the cafeteria. I thought that's what was happening. Honestly it was surreal.
There was a pretty large mix of people I was a little overwhelmed by the combination of mullets, Wrangler jeans and sports bras being worn as shirts. As interesting as the sights were I have zero interest in going back to that place. My friend was informed I pick the place next week and it won't involve line dancing or ass shaking.
Nashville is a weird, weird place but I'm getting used to it.
The snow this week made me wish for spring that much harder, though snow days are kind of sweet. It's definitely sunnier here compared to Michigan which helps my mood considerably during the winter, now if I could get my mind off of the stuff it doesn't need to be on. Right now I'm just playing the waiting game for school and am trying to figure out how I am going to pay rent and eat during the summer since I won't have a job come June. Hopefully by then it will be warm enough that sleeping in my car won't be too bad. (kidding?) I'm sure I'll find something even if it means a few part time jobs put together. Though I'm hoping this Rocketown thing pans out and they need a case manager, that would rock my face off but I won't know anything for a while. Also waiting on news from my Prof about an internship for Davidson county or just an assistant position....everything is so up in the air right now I'm likely to go nuts. It's good practice for me to pretend like I don't have control issues. 
It's only been since New Years but I need to plan a trip to see my best friend. It feels like it's been forever, maybe it's just with everything that's going on with both of us we are both in need of some best friend support. Usually this entails bitching about boys over beers and making cracks on everything ever. I vote she just moves down here along with a few other people I really miss. Then when I leave Nashville they can come with me like a traveling circus. We'll relocate every few years like we're in witness protection. Maybe I'll even take along a few people that I've met here. 
Again this week I wondered how much money I could get if I just sold off all of my stuff, excluding clothing and car, and took off toward one of the coasts, preferably one that has good hideouts for the homeless because that's where I'd be. However, of all people I know that leaving doesn't change or help anything when your problems are with something totally unrelated to geography. One could dream though. Maybe the first step is a passport and an Ebay account, just in case.
It's funny that even when you replace something it never seems to quite look the same as the former piece. Maybe I have buyer's remorse. Maybe I just need a lobotomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment