Sunday, October 3, 2010

The one I met on that day you moved to town from michigan (union pool; Plushgun)

So it's officially October! Woot. I'm pretty sure this will be the best month of 2010. This week went about like a leaf in a windstorm quick and a little out of control. It started off pretty well aside from the loud popping sound emanating from my front end which started when I got back from Kentucky. It began worsening throughout the week and by thursday I knew it wasn't going to just go away like I had hoped. My car is a bit of a jerk and doesn't listen to me. I got a lovely phone call on friday morning describing the extent of douchey my car was being which meant ridiculously expensive repairs. The mechanic blamed it on Michigan roads and weather and being that he was from Michigan I was a little more apt to believe him. I was also more apt to believe him because I asked my Dad to call him to translate for me. My Dad is pretty fantastic. So by the end of work on Friday I was nearing a stint of homicide and binge drinking and I had prime targets for murder considering what work was like that day. I'm so very thankful for my coworkers and their ability to empathize and drink hah.
I'm really liking this recent weather and the fact that its already dropped to like 50 degrees during the day in Michigan. It's been in the 70's and cools down at night. Best time of year and Tennessee is so pretty in the fall. Today I especially got to enjoy the weather when I went to Centennial Park and the Parthenon.
There was some sort of festival going on that had ended just as I was getting there so it was pretty busy. The park is gorgeous, there is a ton of vegetation, a pond and lots of places to sit and relax. I wish I had found it sooner. Conveniently is right by Cafe Coco and my other favorite places to go. Except for Super Target which I am now obsessed with for good reason. It's amazing. Other parts of the week that were good: sushi and Project Runway, text messages, jokingly being told by my professor that she's going to steal me from my current job and having family members there to have my back with advice, car rides or a roof over my head. Also I bought a newspaper off of a homeless guy on the off ramp of an expressway.
I can't wait for visits from my friends, a possible road trip, fall break, my birthday and moving into my own place. On a related note I almost bought a lamp that had a carving of what looked to be Gorton's Fisherman as the base of it. I told myself that even though it would have been worth the $15 I had to be a responsible adult and not put ridiculous things in my apartment. The gawdy owl painting and the creepy girl picture will be more than enough. I'll also have squirrels on my shower curtain so it may have just pushed it over the edge of sanity. I'm a 24 year old child. It's going to be rough to admit that I'm 25 in a few weeks, yikes. GOAL for Shannon's 25th year: find some direction and focus less on pretending like she's a rockstar. (My kids at work tell me I dress like a rockstar and it's pretty clear they listen to rap)


No comments:

Post a Comment