Sunday, October 24, 2010

25 whole years and I still can't dance

To say that things have been interesting lately would be an understatement. I don't want to get too personal so I won't, but I will say that I have made some awesome friends down here and have met some really cool people. I've forced myself to put myself out there and talk to people and make friends. So far I've got a pretty high success rate. Plus I always tell myself that I don't ever have to see this person again if I don't want to, I'll just avoid this bar, venue, cafe or whatever. I have used this trick several times and I've found myself not feeling bored or lonely as of late. Romantically lonely, yes, but that's another can of worms entirely. I've been in my apartment for a whole week as of today and overall it's pretty rad. I love the freedom of putting my stuff anywhere I want to, walking around in my underwear and singing aloud any time I want. It doesn't quite feel like home yet but that will take some time no doubt, ha by the time it happens I'll be ready to move somewhere else. For now I'm enjoying how quiet it's been around here and the fact that my balcony has a view of a cluster of trees that are changing colors daily. I love the fall, though it's a little different down here. It's still getting up to the high 70s and I'm not as pale as I would be this time of year in Michigan, that's a feat in itself.
Sooo, this week involved minimal work (due to Fall Break) and a whole lot of hanging out in and outside of work. On wednesday we randomly ended up at this bar in Rivergate where the people watching was prime. As soon as we got there some guy wanted to beat up another guy for pulling out his cock...? I didn't get all the details but I think it involved some miscommunication and homophobia. Maybe there was a glory hole involved, one could only imagine. Some old guy told a balding 40's something guy that were both sitting next to me at the bar to not take me home because I looked to be trouble.....I wasn't aware that conversations like that were supposed to be overheard by the girl in question... I also didn't know that I had any intention of taking the balding man home with me...huh. It still has me wondering what part of my actions led the old man to believe I was interested, maybe I said the 'F word' one too many times and thats a big turn on for him or what. Or it was the fact that I took no interest in his conversation about Roger's City, Michigan. Oh well. Friday night involved some margaritas and spontaneity, something of a quarter life crisis. Saturday I finally got to watch UFC at BDubs and then it was 'Hey let's go to some dive biker bar and people watch' Oddly not even my idea. Glad I did because I met two (TWO!) people who liked good music and didn't treat me like a leper. I'm moving up in the world. Had a little too much to drink and said some questionable things. Oops.
This week I'll be counting the hours until Friday when I get to see my best friends!! I can't wait! Maybe before then there will be more hang outs with new friends....we shall see. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment