Sunday, September 26, 2010

A 1,000 Ways to die and farmer's markets

This week was full of pleasant surprises. It was also a weird work week. Friday at 2pm was very welcomed after there were two fights in school before 8 a.m. on Friday morning. It hasn't been frequent but I was not prepared for it, which is like a one-eighty compared to the last job. Things at work are still going well, I'm really beginning to like the kids on my caseload regardless of how much they frustrate me at times. My coworkers rock and so does my boss, I got really lucky in that respect.
Class is going well and I feel mostly competent. Weeks here have been flying by and I can't believe its been 5 weeks of class. I'll be done with the semester the first week of December and haven't figured out what the plan is for next semester...or if I'm going to go full time or part time in the fall or work full time...decisions. My work schedule still does not fail to rock. I LOVE having nights and weekends off.
I was introduced to my first rude southerner at the gas station the other day. Haha, an older man got mad at me for being in his way when he was attempting to leave the gas station. My car and another kids car were blocking his exit so he rolled down his windows (mind of course already were) and said 'You're fucking everything up.' I cracked up and politely said 'Thanks'. I was attempting to move for him and said fuck it. Ha, that's the rudest thing thats happened to me since I've been here so I'd say thats a pretty good track record.
I drove to Lexington on friday to go hang out with a friend from college. The town is pretty cool, much more 'hip' than I expected and I had a lot of fun. Too much wine and food but totally worth the drive. Found some Oberon and walked around a farmer's market. I stayed entertained on the drive as well so...overall excellent trip. Came back to Nashville and started to feel relieved to be 'home' and thats the first time I've had that sense of home. I feel much more comfortable with the city and things are becoming more familiar. Hung out with some friends and discovered the ridiculousness of the show 1,000 Ways to Die. Oh man, cheesy and fantastic.
I'm happy. I miss my friends and can't wait for mid-October to get here quick. I'm also pumped for the holidays. Ohhh and Stars next week at the Cannery. My goal is to also make friends with someone outside of school or work...this should take some doing considering how awkward I am out of my comfort zone.
Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment