Monday, September 6, 2010

Tell us your plan we're waiting eagerly drunk on the streets of some bad memory.

Since friday I've spent roughly 19 hours combined driving to, from and all over Michigan and it was totally worth it.I spent most of those 19 hours listening to The Banner and River City Extension and singing terribly. 
The work week was relatively uneventful; staff meeting, texting mean things, vanquishing evil, oh and you know, saving the world...or just yelling at teenagers for acting like dumbasses. I'm getting into the groove at work and feeling pretty good about things. I have a lot of trainings coming up so it should be interesting to figure out how I'm going to get in my hours with my clients...guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there....
Speaking of bridges, just before getting on the bridge to Louisville I got caught in a traffic jam and found this little gem:
it says 'I miss having a PRO-LIFE President'
It made me laugh really hard. Between Iraq and Afghanistan there have been over 5,500 American casualties, that's just AMERICANS, not considering our allies or 'enemies' casualties. That does seem relatively low considering that approximately 3,700 abortions are preformed daily in the U.S. I wonder how many of those could have been avoided were more preventative action taking with education. Just something to consider. And how can a person be 'pro-war' and 'pro-life'? Those seem to be conflicting ideologies to me. Back to less controversial topics... I missed my friends more than I even realized. Seeing everyone was awesome, I got to spend a good chunk of time with my three favorite people and that was all I needed. Sometimes I wonder if those people understand how important they are to me.
My stomach hurt from laughing so hard on Saturday night. Sunday involved a game of putt putt and some awful movies. I shouldn't be allowed to play mini golf if there is water nearby, without fail my ball goes in the water EVERY time I play. I'm terrible. I'll be glad to have more time the next time I visit though I fear that the larger the gaps and the longer I'm away there will be less people to see each time.... I know that's growing up and moving on there are just some people I don't want to grow apart from anytime soon.
This week begins tomorrow morning and will hopefully involve some productivity on my part. Lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment