Thursday, September 20, 2012

When nature attacks!

So this one time we fought a possum in the backyard to protect our chickens and won. I know, we are tough.
Ok, the real story is that we shooed a opossum away with a broomstick. A possum crept into the chicken coop (that we accidentally forgot to lock up...oops) and heard the chickens screaming from the front porch. Jason grabbed the flashlight and those beady little eyes shined back at us. He was terrifying, at least the size of a small dog with razor sharp teeth and long toes, for choking chickens. Jason scooted him with the broom handle and he ran down the coop ladder. The chickens all appeared to be in one piece and went back into the coop. Quite a production.
So, other than saving chickens from evil opossums I've been navigating my way through the world of online classes, internship and new job. I have only done orientation and a short 2 hour training shift thus far, so who knows if I'll like it or if I'll be any good at it but, oh well, I've gots to have a job. 
Ohhhh but things are still good, and mostly I am happy. Just keep reminding myself that I'm going to learn a lot, make great connections and try my hardest. I will find things about the classes that I enjoy instead of only complaining about them.
That's all for now.
I'm hoping for some fun this weekend before things start to get even busier with working more hours. 24 hours of internship + 9 credit hours (not including homework) + job= no more social life.
Bummer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment