Monday, January 17, 2011

Too many shows about serial killers.

The other day while reading in the cafe sans headphones I overheard a woman talking loudly about her friend that committed suicide. (This isn't depressing, I swear) She said a few things about how they were close. She then quickly switched the conversation to another topic and brought up how people in general are unintelligent and 'the masses' I was half expecting her to start looking around pointing at people and calling them 'sheep', but she didn't.E very other word out of her mouth was 'fuck' and 'cunt' at which point I had to cover my mouthpiece on my phone so my poor Mother didn't have to hear those things.(I like to think my Mother believes I don't say things like that either) A hundred years ago a woman nor a man would talk about any of those things in public, it was considered indecent and vile...Isn't it still? It just makes me wonder if things are getting better or worse. Anyway.
The week was a little bit crazy. We got a ton of snow (ha, like 2 inches) which meant that they canceled school everyday of the week. So I basically had a 4 day weekend and limited amounts of work throughout the rest of the week. I became extremely bored and anxious which generally happens when I have too much time to think. I function better when busy, even better when extremely busy without time to think about trivial things like future plans and relationships. I really should have been a lawyer, 80 hours a week, no life, it would have been sanity. Fun things during the week included seeing the Fighter (amazing) and the farmers market and drinks. The weekend also included laundry and hanging out with my sister's pup which continues to make me want a pet even more...not so much her dog though...she's a bit of a nut. Sister and I went to sushi and shopping afterward, ha man I love shopping. The rest of Sunday was a little rough and we'll just keep it at that.
I can't wait to throw myself into some sort of work soon whether it be paid or not. Sitting on my kitchen floor in the middle of the afternoon trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life means I've got a little too much time on my hands.
This last week I increased my running to 5 miles which fucking sucks and I hate it. haha. I think a very small piece of me enjoys it and that small piece is apparently what keeps pushing me. I'll be glad when 5 miles starts to get easier and I get faster. Then I get to push it to 6 then eventually 13. FML.
I finished yet another season of SVU on Netflix and I started Dexter season 1. I'm a little surprised I haven't had bad dreams yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment