Monday, August 16, 2010

So it goes.....

Well, I accomplished what I set out to do 3 years ago after I graduated from college and I hit the jackpot and ended up in Nashville, TN. Ok, so maybe it's not everyone's ideal place to live, including mine, but it is certainly a change of pace.
My wonderfully tolerant sister took me into her house (temporarily) which she will soon regret (eternally). I hope to get out of her hair before the domestic violence starts. Or before she permanantly makes me her dog-walker. I'll be looking for a place to live as soon as I can find an apartment that is not in the ghetto where I need to worry about knife fights or gang rape. I can't decide what color to wear so none of them will let me in.
The first day of work was today and it was a bit underwhelming. I would even go as far as saying boring. I'm not used to being able to sit down and listen to one person talk at one time. I need multiple distractions to function in the workplace so these kids better start calling me names soon or its just not going to feel like I'm doing my job. I miss my coworkers terribly. I looked forward to their verbal abuse and sexual harassment and all these damn social workers and therapists at this school are too politically correct. Maybe that will change....we'll see.
I'm trying to keep and open mind and look for adventure and opportunity. I'm also excited to go out and about and really do some people watching. It doesn't get much better than a tourist town.

Nothing crazy has happened the first 72 hours here, I'll need to shake things up this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment