Monday, December 12, 2011

I follow rivers

Oh this last week has been lovely. I had my last day at my field placement, received good news at the surgeon's appointment and got to spend some time with the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. The only non-lovely thing to come about within the last week was the disgusting head cold I've been battling and then passing along to J who had finals. What can I say? I like to share. Sorry :(
So a majority of the week was spent in Louisville. I was told at the doctors to practice walking on the boot without crutches for a week to ten days. I took that to mean use the crutches as minimally as possible. It's an awkward boot to walk on and it's definitely taken some getting used to. When I walk on it I have a bit of a limp but it's gotten better. I still need the crutches when not wearing the boot, which is basically just at night or out of the shower. I will be going back to the Doc in six weeks to find out what's next, likely it will be physical therapy once the boot is gone. Yipee. 
While in Louisville I've successfully finished my Christmas shopping, well all but my Grandma and helped decorate the apartment for the holiday. I've also learned how to make homemade chicken noodle soup and convinced Jason that he really enjoys cooking for me. It's a fair trade, he cooks, I wash dishes. I'm beginning to think he's got the better end of that deal. I cook too but not as well or often. 
We exchanged one gift each because we are impatient. He opened one of his nerdy board games, which we played with friends on Saturday, and I opened my T-Rex necklace (yes!) and two books one of which I already started. 
All of this downtime not in school or at my internship has resulted in me starting and finishing Stephen Colbert's book and looking for other things to do while J is studying or at work. It's been so cold here I've got little desire to go outside though the sun has been out so that helps. I have a feeling this break is just going to involve a lot of reading, movies and seasons upon seasons of tv shows and wine drinking. I also need to start thinking about field placement next year because we are going to be interviewing for those in March. Damn. It's flying by already. I also need to figure out what I'm doing this summer. If I didn't have things to plan I don't know what I would do with myself. 
I am getting very excited to head up to Michigan, though it will only be for a short time I'm hoping to squeeze some time in with my friends up there. It will also involve family time, not just mine and dealing with Michigan weather. I don't know if I remember how to drive in that crap. We shall see.
Hope you have a wonderful mucus-free week, I hope I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment