Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I simply can't complain

I'm currently sitting in a business that enables you to tan while you launder your clothes. I'm not on the Jersey Shore, just the U of Louisville campus. J's apartment doesn't have laundry and I didn't have enough luggage to bring up a months worth of clothes. I can go without doing laundry for over a month when I have my entire wardrobe at my disposal, that's not really impressive just lazy. 
The last week has involved a lot of sleeping in, drinks and games. I love college. Being on winter break in Louisville has kind of spoiled me, oh well. Over the last week Jason and I have exchanged Christmas gifts, because we're both impatient as well as done a bunch of other things together since I'm staying with him during break. We decided to save stockings for closer to Christmas and that lasted until last night. Oops. That's ok, we have three more Christmases between our families that we must be patient for. Actually I could stand to just prolong some of them for a few more months down the road. Yeesh. 
Last week we got free movie tickets to the new Sherlock Holmes, I hadn't seen the first so I spent much of the day watching the first and then being lazy and watching other movies. The next day we had free tickets to the new Mission Impossible but didn't get there early enough, apparently there were some very excited fans that got there over an hour early...darn...I don't like Tom Cruise the human being but I do like that he does all of his own stunts including scaling the tallest building in the world, in Dubai, for the movie. So as an actor, he has some redeeming qualities. Not enough for me to actually pay for his movies but I'd go see one for free. 
On my other days off, usually while Jason was working, I got myself domesticated and baked cookies and did dishes. I've also been reading a lot and visiting red box. Or I look for an excuse to go perusing around Target or anywhere with people and interaction. Hanging out at home with the cat is fun and all but not having my own friends here gets a little taxing. And depressing. 
I'm looking forward to heading up to Michigan to see family and friends. I'm looking even more forward to having my family come down to Nashville (including my niece and nephew)to celebrate Christmas Southern style. I LOVE having visitors. It seems a bit ridiculous to drive all the way to Michigan just to turn right back around a few days later to celebrate in Nashville and then come straight back to Louisville. I sure do love to drive. Words with Friends and reading will help me get through those long drives. 
I went to a work party with J and friends on Sunday. It was debauchery and awesomeness. There were burlesque performers, an open bar and lots of people watching. I saw boobs that were not the performers, girls making out and people falling down. It was perfection. 
I've been reading Spontaneous Happiness by Dr. Andrew Weil. If you're looking for good reads regarding mental health (it's not self-help) check it out-he's a social worker's dream even though he's an M.D. (Stew-I'm thinking of you with this one). 


Hope everyone has a wonderful week, I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment