Sunday, December 19, 2010

You can't tell meth jokes in the South.

This week I found further motivation to get stuff done. Well motivation to plan to get stuff done and found a legitimate excuse to put things off, going to the gym. I need to schedule my GRE and write a professional statement, oh I should go for a run....Ha, I did not miss a day this week. Yesterday I got to experience what it would be like to have a child at the gym and it added to the 'Cons' category of having a child...not that it's happening soon, but mentally preparing years in advance. Anyway, my 'gym' is in the apartment complex and is the size of my living room. They have 5 different weight machines, a stair climber and a treadmill. TINY. Also quite inconvenient when other people are there. I got to the workout room and both cardio machines were occupied as well as a weight machine by a two year old. I saw the toddler running around the gym sticking fingers between the weights, attempting to climb on the climber and also attempted to join his mother on the treadmill, luckily she kicked him to impede his success. Selfish baby, it was Mom's turn on the treadmill. He then decided he wanted to climb on my legs as I was doing leg lifts. I thanked him for offering the extra weight but told him I wasn't quite ready to move up. I also kept him from pinching his fingers in the weight machine two different times.  His mother giggled and continued running. I wanted to throw a stick on the treadmill.
I'm flying out to Michigan on Wednesday and am pretty excited to be spending 9 days with my family and friends. Not so excited about the snow and crappy weather though it will be nice to have a white Christmas. I'm not sure if New Years Eve in the mitten was the best decision but I think it will be a good time. The flight home the next day will likely be rough. Having that much time off of work is going to be crazy and I may get bored.
When I'm bored here, which I often am at night I turn to my best friend in Nashville, Netflix. I'm very reliant on this netflix character and he seems to really know what I like. I feel like Miranda and Tivo (Sex and the City reference, fyi). I'm currently watching a documentary on biological sex appeal. Apparently I'm lucky to have a relatively symmetrical face, hurrah. Netflix is teaching me alot including how to be a drug dealer, I hear meth is pretty big in the South.
I found something else I want for Christmas if anyone is interested:
I like Miss Kate Spade and her purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment