Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why is all the bread gone?

It's currently snowing steadily outside, cold and quite pretty. It makes me want to go sledding or throw snowballs or stay inside watching Weeds for 4 hours while I watch it fall from my patio. It's freezing outside. I was told that here in Middle Tennessee people have a tendency to freak out a bit with this weather so I had to see for myself. I went to the grocery store to pick up some fruit and to see if all the bread and the milk was gone. The trip took an especially long time due to the drivers being extremely cautious, more so then when it's raining. The bread and milk appeared to be attacked by food pyramid zealots leaving skeleton-like shelves in the store.
The week was interesting. Work has been a bit more daunting and stressful than usual. Mostly because the kids have a tendency to lose their damn minds close to the holidays. I am used to this because in residential it was significantly worse. So, the week drug on and when Friday hit I did the Friday dance like never before. My sister and I went to watch her boyfriend play at a bar downtown for some charity. The bar was relatively busy and provided some excellent people watching as per usual. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the women dancing on the stage was pregnant. The bathroom attendant called me princess and felt the need to talk to me while I tried to pee. She was a hair insane. We attempted to avoid returning to the restroom and went to the extent of leaving the bar to look for another bathroom before returning and biting the bullet. I loathe being called princess. Afterward we went to a rock bar that had the potential of being cool if it wasn't trying so damn hard. After that we went to the Riverfront for beer and hang outs. It was a lot of fun and I got a chance to meet some really cool people. I continue to make an effort to be more outgoing and make friends, I think it was a success. Well that is until yesterday when I decided that I liked being angry and a hermit. Sometimes I ruminate myself into an angst coma that keeps me from doing anything social or productive...yesterday was that day. I stayed home and made art, or my version of art that's now hanging on the wall of my bedroom. I felt better once I had an outlet and danced around to 'Girl Anachronism' by The Dresden Dolls.
I miss my friends terribly and I think a lot of it had to do with this rut I've been in for the last two weeks. Who knows, I'm still trying to process and not be a bitch in the meantime. (more of a bitch than normal)
I want this for Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment