Sunday, February 5, 2012

Study break dance

Ok, I'm not really dancing. I am however listening to music and trying to ignore the fact that a 10 year old girl at Starbucks will not stop staring at me. I wish her parents would teach her it's impolite to state at strangers. She'll learn to people watch like a good little creep when she gets older, we've all been there. 
So, this week was pretty much a bust for me socially. I didn't see friends, do anything too exciting or do much of anything that wasn't absolutely necessary. I lead such an exciting little life, I know. 
I was, however, very productive with school, field placement and making some extra cash. I ended up babysitting twice this week. I also helped my supervisor develop a project for our internal program and she seemed really impressed with some of my ideas. Things are going well at my placement and they are (finally!) keeping me very busy. I spent nearly 20 hours there this week instead of the usual 16. It seems like any free time I had was spent studying, reading and working on a diagnostic presentation and a paper. The presentation is worth 40% of my grade so I'm in mild freak-out mode. Thankfully my partner on the project is intelligent and works hard as well. Group work is the pits sometimes, especially if you're grouped with people you want to punch.
After working out on Wednesday my ankle swelled up to the size of a grapefruit.  Apparently I need to take it a little easier. Unfortunately working out hasn't helped at all in the manner of sleep. Usually I sleep much better and have more energy but my brain was just not allowing it this week. There just are not enough hours in the day. 
After studying for several hours on Friday my brain leaked out of my ears so i decided it was time to do something that required very little though. I rented 50/50 because J.G-L. is freaking fantastic. I was under the impression it was a quite funny. There were funny parts and then there were parts that made me feel like I was watching one of those ASPCA commercials with the sad looking puppies and kittens. There were tears on more than one occasion while watching it. Woof. Saturday after group work and babysitting my sister and I went out for a late sushi dinner paired with fruity adult beverages. It was a much needed vacation from responsibility. 
So here I am, continuing to work on school stuff and taking a little break to update. I dyed my hair earlier today and am back to a red color of sorts. We'll see how long this one lasts. 
I got to talk to my buddy over the phone at some point this week. It was a much needed reality check. Neither of us know how to function as adults so we get to discuss normal people behaviors and how we are deviant. One of these days we'll feel ok about the normal functions in life like healthy relationships and being successful. It's a bit strange how we are so similar in our mental processes. I'm sure glad we're friends though. 
It is almost time to take that 2.5 hour drive up to see one of my very favorite people to celebrate his birthday, I just need to make it through Thursday and I'll be good to go. I can't wait.
Hope you have a non-crazy, less stressful week, which is what I need as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment