Sunday, February 12, 2012

smiling, smiling, always smiling

Hard-drive going out on my laptop=suckballs
Warranty=win. I'm so glad that I bought the warranty when I bought my laptop because I'm college poor right now and can't afford to buy a new computer. Going without a laptop for weeks isn't going to be much fun but I'll survive, I'm just glad that in a few weeks I'll have my little buddy back with minor financial cost. 
Anyway, aside from my computer breaking the rest of the week was excellent. I kicked ass, along with my group partner (of course), on the huge presentation that I had for my psychopathology class. I got a 100% on the paper that I turned in on Wednesday (which was almost a disaster due to the whole computer crapping out thing) and I aced the quiz that I took today. So far school has been going really well. Doing well doesn't necessarily make me feel less stressed but all of the stressing that I've been doing has paid off. Aside from class I've been feeling good about my internship. I've been doing the legwork on a project for my supervisor and she's been really appreciative. It's going to culminate into a presentation in front of the Workforce Investment Board and then eventually go on to the state school board. I won't be presenting but I'll be doing the research to put into it. It's kind of nerdy and exciting to me. 
Monday I babysat for the couple I always do. By the time I got there the kids were already sleeping so I ended up doing school work for three hours and getting paid for it. Win. When I have kids I'm definitely employing a college student as a babysitter, it's a good cycle to continue. Wednesday I met up with a friend for drinks on our side of town. We always have really good talks, I'm thankful for good friends like him.The rest of my time during the week was spent waiting until Thursday at 4:30 when I could finally head out to Louisville to celebrate Jason's birthday. The drive felt like it took forever but it was all worth it when I got to the apartment and gave Jason his birthday present. Unfortunately he had two exams on Friday so we waited to celebrate until after his exams were done on Friday afternoon. He came home and relaxed for a bit, we ran errands and I baked his birthday cake. I didn't set anything on fire and it turned out ok. Granted it was from a box but baby steps, right? Next year I'll get fancier with it and hopefully it will be homemade. Next year is number 30 for him so we'll be making it a much bigger deal anyway. Friday night he had friends over for nerdy board games and drinks. We determined that his tiny apartment can hold a maximum of 11 people after that we'd be elbowing each other in the faces trying to walk around. The games seemed to be a bit of a hit and Jason had a really good time so I'm going to call it a success. His friends are great and I'm glad they've welcomed me into their group. Saturday Jason and I had a 'date night' for his birthday and sort of in celebration of 9 months together, it's not really a milestone but it's excuse enough for me to order wine with dinner. Before dinner we went to see The Adventures of Tin Tin, which I had been avoiding because well, it's a cartoon. Surprisingly the movie was great and I'm glad J was finally able to see it. We went to Palermo Viejo which is an Argentinian restaurant in Louisville. Those Argentinians like their meats and even though I don't typically eat pork or beef I got a little 'crazy' and tried some of Jason's dinner. I still don't like beef. The food was excellent though and it was another successful evening. When we weren't out and about we were lazy at home trying to unwind from school. Laziness involved napping, eating leftover birthday cake and watching a lot of Netflix. Netflix is always the demise of any motivation I have so my laptop being broken is probably going to mean productivity and not staying up til 2 a.m. watching episode after episode of the United States of Tara. I may go through withdrawals and end up waking up in the middle of the night sweating and crying. Judge all you wish, it's deserved. 
Looking at my planner I counted about 6 weeks until Spring Break and 11 weeks left in the semester. I know its going to go very quickly because the first 5 weeks have already flown by without much resistance. Then we may see some big changes on the horizon. We shall see. 
Dropping my laptop off at the Best Buy in Louisville gives me a legitimate excuse to return soon as well as my friend visiting at the end of the month woohoo. 
Have a lovely week. I'm crossing my finger that nothing else of importance breaks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment