Sunday, February 26, 2012

she wants a coat made of my leather

Sometimes it's really hard to look at things and say, 'this is really good, I wouldn't change a thing.' Maybe it's in my nature to always want to fix things or make things better or maybe I'm just incapable of feeling content. It's not always a bad thing unless the thing you keep tinkering with doesn't effect just you. That and it makes it impossible to feel completely satisfied. It often goes back to that whole idea of living in the moment. Often I just need to remind myself that I need to enjoy the things happening instead of looking forward to the things to come. 
It was a really great week. My internship went well including getting some feedback on how I've been doing over the semester as well as being included in a meeting regarding improvements that can be made within the organization and some of my suggestions held weight and were included in things to be considered. I felt a little off during classes this week, but that can be attributed to my odd mood at the beginning of this week. I just didn't have as much motivation as I usually do. Outside of school and placement I spent some time with my sister and her boyfriend and enjoyed the sun being out with walks. After placement on Thursday I drove straight to Louisville to see J, pick up my laptop and see a friend visiting from Detroit. Jason's school load is really picking up with several exams over the end of the week and next week. So he spent some time studying we took a time out to hang out and then back to studying for his exam the next morning. I really don't think I could make it through the nursing program he's going through. He was saying words and processes about the body to me I wouldn't even know how to spell. I'll stick to social work and policy. Friday after dropping him off for his exams I excitedly got in my car to pick up my laptop and then realized they needed my external hard drive to restore it, which he said we take a few hours. I ended up running errands and coming back home in the process. Before heading to Best Buy for a second time I got an email from my advisor about legal aid in Louisville for my field placement next year. I called my prospective placement and discussed what I needed to do before scheduling an interview. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other two placements in hopes to schedule them all on the same day. The social worker sounded extremely nice, she was quite talkative and discussed the types of things they do there. I got off the phone feeling positive about the talk but a little nervous that it isn't going to be exactly what I want in a placement. I'll be glad to talk to the others and see what the best fit will be. I know I'll find the right placement. Tangent. After getting my laptop J made dinner and we had friends over for nerdy board games. We had a really good time, lots of laughs, too much wine, the usual. Saturday was kind of a lazy day and kind of unproductive. We procrastinated studying by sleeping in, making lunch, netflix and going for a walk. It was all worth it. Saturday night I got to see my friend from Detroit who is dating a guy here in Louisville. Apparently all the good ones are here in Louisville, and us Michigan girls just can't resist. Oddly though both of our boyfriends are originally from Michigan. We had a lot of fun just catching up, drinking beer and watching UFC, which I feel like I haven't done in ages. We also commiserated about long distance dating. We came to the conclusion that it sucks and takes patience but it's worth it if it's the right person.   
Today has been kind of lazy as well, sleeping in (it's this apartment I swear), making food and finally getting around to school work. And now I'm back to internetting and messing around. Oops. I'm delaying the inevitability of that stupid drive back to Nashville, which I will be making very soon. 
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment