Monday, November 21, 2011

But I'm stumbling around, with one foot on the ground.

Since Monday I have been counting down the days until Thanksgiving Break as well as the day of my appointment with my surgeon to find out if I can ditch these crutches in a little over two weeks. It feels like it rained a majority of the week though I think my perception of that is a little skewed because this weekend I got about 24 hours of sleep. I think my body is trying to tell me something.
I AM SO SICK Of CRUTCHES!
I spent most of my time this week finishing up school things and going to my internship. Neither of those things were very noteworthy. I looked for ways to create more work for myself at my internship because I get bored very easily when not attending meetings. I spend time sitting in my office researching workforce development and policy that effects employment and unemployment benefits. Don't get me wrong, it's quite interesting but doing that for hours on end can get a bit tedious. I'm beginning to realize I am not a researcher. Also i don't think workforce development is my niche. I'll find it, hopefully next year at my next field placement. I also spent a lot of time at Starbucks reading for class. I also realized that staying in Starbucks for any great length of time leaves you with an odd smell on your clothes. I haven't quite figured out what the smell is but it's not a great smell. This is not limited to the Starbucks I frequent, I went to a different one this week and noticed the same thing. It's like a sour milk smell mixed with baking bread. It's the oddest thing and annoys me to no end. I could easily solve this problem by sitting outside or just not going but then that leaves me studying at home which then means watching hours of Law and Order on DVR. Not good. 
Other than the mystery smell the week went on as normal. 
Friday, however, ended in a place I usually avoid like the plague. Church. Backstory: My friend plays bass with the band at his church. He seems to really enjoy it and has asked me more than once to come watch him. This is also the church that a few of my other friends attend and have been asked to check out. Anyway, I went to church at 7p.m. on Friday to watch my friend play. I was there for support. What I didn't know is that they had a guest speaker on this particular night and that I would be sitting there until 10:30 p.m. I also didn't know the guest speaker was a recognized prophet and after her sermon on wealth transfer she would be pointing out members of the audience to notify them that God was talking to her about them. Two of my friends were called upon during this time. I crossed my fingers hoping she wouldn't call on me. Though I can't imagine God has much to say on my behalf if he does speak through this woman. Mostly she made me angry and uncomfortable. Whose to say that she is no different than those self-proclaimed psychics that charge you money for their services? As she was talking I felt like I was reading my horoscope. Generalized worries and thoughts that most people have at some point in their life. I have a really hard time connecting with things of that nature. If I want to be closer to God I'll find my own way and it won't be by means of crystal balls and scare tactics. 
After church we (half of the congregation between 18-26) went to grab food and a margarita for myself. I don't like feeling like I have to censor myself and once I had one drink in me I didn't. It's very hard to feel like you can't connect with people on any level. And I didn't. I'm really ok with that though.
Tonight I met a friend for drinks. We see each other sporadically since he is constantly touring but we always have great conversation. Tonight was a little different because we ran into a friend of his that had an entourage of sorts. The friend of the friend spoke to me in Arabic and told me I was pretty and had nice tits. My friend and I were in agreement that we weren't aware there was an Arabic word for 'tits' and I kind of hate that word. Watching some of them reminded me of college. There were girls getting sloppy drunk and dancing to music while other girls unapologetically made out with random dudes sitting less than a foot away from me. I don't miss college for that reason. 
P.s. Random girl; your butt was hanging out of your pants. Not cute.
Overall, good week. Not too exciting but I'm really ok with that. 


Looking forward to Thanksgiving, the Muppets, hangs with the boy and relaxing. 
Have a fantastic week and Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment